- This event has passed.
FREE TRAINING: The Relational Foundations of Gestalt Therapy in Contemporary Times – Closes 24 September 2022
7 September 2022 – 24 September 2022
Gestalt therapy is one of the earliest and most enduring relational approaches to understanding the human condition, human development, and well-being.
As an approach to therapy, gestalt therapy draws on its existential and holistic foundations in supporting the raising of awareness of a person and the experiential aspects of their contemporary way of living, which interrupt, disrupt, or undermine their effort to realize a fulfilling life. And it’s this approach that takes as a starting point, starting where the client is rather than where they would like to be.
What you’ll discover in this free training:
- What is Gestalt therapy and why it may not be what you think it is
- What are the relational foundations of Gestalt therapy
- How Gestalt therapy has evolved from its original roots
- Why modern Gestalt therapy is considered a radical approach to understanding the human condition
- A key feature of Gestalt therapy distinguishing it from other forms of therapy
- The vast number of populations where Gestalt therapy is utilised today
- 3 case studies where Gestalt therapy was transformative for the clients
Here’s what’s covered in each video:
- Video 1: An Introduction to the Underpinnings of Gestalt Therapy (27 minutes)
- Video 2: Gestalt Therapy’s Relational Foundations and its Radical Approach to Change (19 minutes)
- Video 3: Clinical Applications of Gestalt Therapy (20 minutes)
This free training consists of 3 videos plus additional content delivered across 10 days.
You’ll also receive a free transcript of the training if you leave a comment under each of the 3 videos.
This free training will be released on 7 September 2022, and it expires on 24 September 2022.
Once you sign up, you’ll have 10 days to go through the free training before it expires. Click the link below to sign up now:
About the presenter, Dr. Michael Reed
Dr.Michael Reed has over 45 years of clinical experience working with individuals, couples, families, and groups. He’s been involved in gestalt therapy training for over 30 years as a Director of Training, a Faculty Member, and a Visiting Trainer with a number of accredited and respected training centres/institutes across Australia and New Zealand. Michael has run training workshops in Hong Kong, the United States, the Middle East, and various cities across Japan.
Michael has published in psychology, medical, health, counselling, and gestalt therapy journals and books. Michael runs a private psychology/gestalt therapy practice in Crows Nest, Sydney. Michael was awarded a PhD by the Faculty of Medicine (Psychiatry), the University of Sydney in 1995 for his research dissertation on ‘Adolescent mental health and family relationships.’