Advanced Skills in Couples Therapy
20 July 2019 @ 9:30 am – 21 July 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Advanced Skills in Couples Therapy
Day One: Working Confidently with Infidelity
Day Two: Effective Experiment in Couples Therapy
“Attend one day or come to both!”
These two full day, advanced couples training workshops, will offer you as a therapist expanded knowledge on Infidelity (Day One) and the Use of Experiment (Day Two). The training will solidify existing skills and add new insights into your work with couples. In particular, fine-tuning techniques and interventions in support of your clients and in promoting the best opportunity for relationship repair and healing.
Utilising aspects of Gestalt couples therapy, Emotional Focused Therapy and Behavioural Models, participants will develop specific skills and interventions to enhance their couple’s therapeutic practice. It will, furthermore, support participants in to work effectively with complex couples issues.
To deepen and support learning, the workshop may include live and/or recorded demonstrations of couples’ therapy by the facilitators!
This workshop will benefit you:
- To feel more confident in handling couples therapy sessions, dealing with complex and conflictual couples
- To support your clients to get the most out of their session and to repeat appointments
- To build your reputation and success as a couples therapist
Outcomes Day One: Working Confidently with Infidelity
- Overview of contemporary therapeutic thinking around Infidelity
- Understand key thematic considerations to support meaningful & effective intervention
- Knowledge of staged intervention strategy to support the recovery process
- Opportunity to reflect on and avoid common traps
Outcomes Day Two: Effective Experiments in Couples Therapy
- Overview of the concepts and theory of experiments in couples therapy
- Learning the use of effective experiments and when to apply them
- Practical skills development for participants to utilise immediately
- Experiential exercises throughout to assimilate learnings
- Live session with a couple!
This workshop attracts 6 x CPD points for PACFA and AASW (each day of attendance)
Previous Workshop Feedback:
“The depth of knowledge, authenticity, skill and energy left me feeling deeply
inspired in my work with couples. An outstanding workshop” – G.F.
“ Sean’s experience, passion and knowledge gave me many practical and useable tools to take away. I so appreciated his comfortable and authentic presence” – L.O.
“This workshop has given me many extra skills for my couples work. The gentle and attuned facilitation was outstanding and i left very inspired ” – A.H.
“The Facilitators are passionate, and have great depth of knowledge. This compilation of material is both inspiring and foundational ” – M.T.
Sean Tonnet (MGest, BSocSc, ADip Welfare) has been working with people for over 25 years and as a full time therapist, clinical supervisor and group facilitator for the past decade. Based in Northern NSW, his reputed and respected practice reflects his comprehensive training in Gestalt therapy, EFT for couples and group leadership. Specialising in relationships, Sean melds creative relational Gestalt methods and contemporary psychotherapy, neurobiology and mindfulness practices within a safe and sacred space. His work has been reviewed on radio, television and in print, making him a highly sort after relationship therapist within the Northern Rivers. Don’t miss this opportunity to train with an Australian based and leading couples therapist!