Online Course: Disarming the Narcissist
20 February 2020 @ 8:00 am – 27 February 2020 @ 7:00 pm
As you likely know, the narcissistic personality is one of the most difficult personalities to work with.
These individuals probably show up in your office from time to time, as do their family members. The self-absorbed, controlling, and sometimes abusive behaviours that these individuals exhibit can
overwhelm and disorient you in no time at all.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this online course:
- A deep understanding of the narcissistic personality, it’s origins, and effects on others
- Why a solid understanding of narcissism is key to helping people with narcissistic characteristics
- An awareness of how societal influences are spreading the rise of narcissism
- Learn the #1 skill that’s essential to being successful when working with the narcissistic personality
- Key ways to stay grounded when these self-absorbed individuals criticize, manipulate, or bully you
- Tips on co-parenting with a spouse who has a narcissistic personality and providing therapy to the co-parent
- Effective ways to deal with a partner of a narcissistic person and warning signs when dating
- How to do couples therapy when one of the partners has narcissistic traits
The content for this online course is as follows:
- Module 1 – What to do When Triggered by the Narcissistic Personality
- Module 2 – Origins of Narcissism
- Module 3 – The Narcissistic Personality in Intimate
- Module 4 – Obstacles in Treating Narcissism
- Module 5 – Meeting the Core Needs of the Narcissist
- Module 6 – Essential Treatment Element: Empathy
- Module 7 – Modes in Narcissism
- Module 8 – Breaking Free and Fortifying a Sturdy Self
- Module 9 – Use of Photos and Audio Recordings in Clinical Work
- Module 10 – Goals of Therapy for Narcissism
- Module 11: Integrated Strategies
- Module 12 – How to Deal with Bullying and Other Critical Narcissistic Modes
- Module 13- Couples Therapy When One Partner Has a Narcissistic Personality
- One live Q&A Webinar with Wendy Behary
Therapist Wendy Behary has mastered a way of working with this population and their family members. Her ability to be effective with these people and not be thrown off guard is impressive.
If you want to learn some of the fantastic ways Wendy works with this population, their partners, couples, and other family members, register for this online course.
This online course has videos, audios, and transcripts of all sessions. It also has worksheets and other bonus materials.