GANZ 2020 AGM information
The 2020 GANZ AGM is nearly here! We have the fabulous Sharon Gray as MC , an experiential opportunity to reconnect with other Gestalt practitioners facilitated by Noel Haarburger, as well as the normal business of an AGM. The Council will report back to members and elections for vacant positions will be held. The GANZ Council will also be bringing specific proposals for the development and re-invigoration of GANZ in 2021 to the members. Stay tuned for more details!
The AGM will be held online only due to COVID
DATE AND TIME
Sunday 22 November 2020
7:30am AWST (WA)
9:00am ACDT (SA)
9:30am AEST (Qld)
10:30am AEDT (NSW, VIC, ACT, TAS)
12:30pm NZT (Christchurch)
The meeting is scheduled for 2 hours.
Zoom link is available in the Members Area
- Please update your zoom to the latest version before the meeting, which can be downloaded here: https://zoom.us/download
- If you have trouble with a video connection with zoom, try logging on with audio only, and turn off the video in zoom
9.30 am AEST/ 10.30 am AEDT / 11:30 am NZT:
Welcome by MC Sharon Gray
9:40 am AEST/ 10:40 am AEDT / 11:40 am NZT:
Community Connection – Experiential exercise facilitated by Noel Haarburger
10:00 am AEST/ 11 am AEDT / 12 pm NZT:
Formal start to AGM
- Agenda GANZ AGM 2020 – Version 2
- Vice Presidents report AGM 2020
- GANZ Treasurer Report 2020
- Financial Statements 2020-signed
- Membership Report AGM 2020
- Journal Report – 2020
- GANZ Research report 2020
- GANZ vision intention purpose
- GANZ AGM Minutes 2019
PROPOSED CHANGES TO GANZ
One proposal to change the criteria for the GANZ President and Vice President roles has been received and will be discussed at the AGM.
This year is an election year for GANZ, as we farewell Anthony Jones (Vice President) and Marc Moskowitz (Student Representative) as Council members. GANZ would like to thank them for their time, work and commitment to GANZ and to supporting Gestalt Therapy over the last two years.
The positions for which an election will be held are:
- Vice President
- Student Representative
- PACFA Liaison (New position)
Although no completed nominations were received prior to the deadline for nominations as specified in the Constitution, several people expressed interest in Council roles after the deadline. While these nominations can’t be formally accepted until the AGM, the following people have indicated their intention to accept nominations from the floor of the AGM.
- Annie Garrety – intends to accept nomination for President
- Julia Werner – intends to accept nomination for Vice President
- Nathan Dick – intends to accept nomination for Vice President
- Kat Barker – intends to accept nomination for PACFA Liaison
- Amanda Guilfoyle – intends to accept nomination for PACFA Liaison
- Larz Lauer – intends to accept nomination for Student Representative
Their Bios are attached. The GANZ Constitution allows more than one person to share a role.
If you are a GANZ member on 22/11/2020 you are eligible to vote. The election process is described here:
The GANZ constitution states that a quorum of 20 members is required for the AGM to progress.
GANZ Members who are not planning to attend the AGM are encouraged to send in a proxy vote.
IMPORTANT: Because this election is being held only online we will not have the ability to verify the validity of proxy votes during the AGM, as has sometimes has been the practice in past. The constitution specifies that the Secretary must be notified of proxy votes 24 hours before the election. If you intend to lodge a proxy vote but do not notify the Secretary before 9:30am AEST 21/11/2020 then your proxy vote may be ruled invalid.
The pre-AGM nominations period for these positions is now closed, but the Constitution allows nominations from the floor of the AGM. If you are intending to nominate from the flor please advise the Secretary, Julia Werner, ASAP on email@example.com The nomination form is attached below.
Elections will not be held for the positions of Secretary, Treasurer, Community & Membership, Professional Development, International and Research, as they were elected in 2019.
If you have not responded yet, please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you there online.
The GANZ Council
Anthony, Julia, Nathan, Annie, Aicha, Michelle, Marc, & Eric