Seeking Gestalt psychotherapists for research exploring Gestalt psychotherapy online
My name is Claire Spiller, and I am a PhD student at the Metanoia Institute – a dedicated and specialist training institute for psychotherapy and research which is affiliated with Middlesex University in London, United Kingdom.
I am a UKCP registered and accredited Gestalt Psychotherapist in Clinical practice in South Wales and graduate of the Certified Cyber Therapist Training Programme at the Online Therapy Institute. I am inviting qualified Gestalt psychotherapists to contribute to a research project exploring: Being-in-the-digital-world – The practice of Gestalt psychotherapy online.
This mixed methods study will aim to phenomenologically explore how Gestalt therapists are working in the online environment including two online focus groups, an online survey, and online interviews. Topics may include, for example, exploration of how Gestalt therapists experience attunement, connection, or disconnection within a relational context when working remotely, through phenomenological exploration within an online clinical context.
This research invites participation from Gestalt psychotherapists internationally, and aims to recognise that the requirements for the practice of Gestalt psychotherapy vary between states and countries. I am looking for Gestalt therapists who meet the following criteria:
- You have completed a dedicated Gestalt therapy qualification and
- Have 5 years post qualifying experience;
- You have a license to practice, and are a member of EAGT, IAAGT, FF2P, AETG, GANZ, AMPG, UKAGP, NYIGT, EAP or other relevant organisation in your home country;
- If you are in current practice working clinically online or in a hybrid practice either since the pandemic or before;
- If living in the UK, you will be UKCP registered or licensed to practise in your state in the USA
- Holding professional insurance – if this applies in your home country; Participants will be asked to take part in two semi-structured focus groups that will each take approximately 90 minutes. These groups will be conducted via Zoom. Please note that participation involves attending BOTH focus groups.
If you are interested in participating or would like further information, please email: email@example.com